Teqball is a football-based sport, played on a specially-curved table (the Teq table), which is attracting a new generation of athletes and amateur enthusiasts (teqers), whose ambition is to develop their technical skills, concentration and stamina. The sport, which was created in Hungary in 2012 is a truly gender-equitable game, as the rules define that teqball shall be played between two (singles) or four players (doubles), irrespective of gender. The sport follows a points-based scoring format and can be played on various surfaces such as sand, acrylic or indoors.
Teqball allows players a maximum of three touches before returning the ball to the opponent, so if you can juggle a football three times, you will excel at teqball as well. Teqball is the purest use of a football, with the rule of no physical contact allowed between the players, or between the players and the table, helping eliminate the risk of impact injuries.
MAIN RULES OF TEQBALL
• Teqball can be played with balls used in football, with size five being official and recommended
• Teqball can be played by two players (singles game) or by four players (doubles game)
• A teqball game is played over best-of-three sets
• Each set is played until a player/team reaches 12 points
• The final decisive set must be won by at least a two-point margin
• Every player/team has two attempts to complete a successful service
• Players/teams change service after every four points
• The ball cannot be touched by the same body part consecutively
• A player/team cannot return the ball with the same body part consecutively.
• Every player/team is allowed to return the ball with a maximum of 3 touches by any body part, except for the hands and arms
• In doubles, both players on the team must touch the ball before it is returned
• In case of an edgeball, the rally shall be repeated
• While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched
List of disciplines
List of events
Fédération Internationale de Teqball