Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, September 30, 2019: The 190th Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM) Executive Council meeting was held on Saturday, September 28 at the OCM Indoor Sports Complex. The meeting was chaired by Dato’ Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria, OCM President.
Present at the meeting were nine members of the Executive Board, two Chairpersons of OCM committees, 25 delegates from the National Sports Associations of Ordinary Members, 10 delegates from the NSAs of Associate Members, one delegate each from the National Sports Council, National Sports Institute, Ministry of Education and Athletes’ Commission.
The important decisions made during the meeting were as follows:
1. Endorsement of the Malaysian contingent to the first ANOC World Beach Games Qatar 2019 from October 12-16.
2. Endorsement of the selection of 795 athletes from 52 sports to participate in the 30th SEA Games Philippines 2019.
3. Endorsement of the two quota places (by country) earned in Short Track Speed Skating for the III Winter Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020.
4. Endorsement of the six quota places (three by individual and three by country) earned in Sailing, Archery and Diving for the XXXIII Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
5. Endorsement of the newly elected Office Bearers of the OCM Athletes’ Commission for the term 2019/2021.
6. Appointment of Ms. Michelle Chai as the new Chief Operating Officer of OCM.
7. Formation of a Task Force Committee, to be chaired by the OCM Secretary General, to review the existing blueprint of the Malaysian Games (Sukan Malaysia).