Colombo, Sri Lanka, May 17, 2021: The National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka has called for applications for the post of Chef de Mission for five international multi-sport events including the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
In an advertisement on its website and Facebook page on Sunday, May 16, the Sri Lanka NOC said applications were open for the position of Chef de Mission for the following international Games:
• 3rd Asian Youth Games, Shantou, China, November 2021.
• 6th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games, Bangkok-Chonburi, March 2022.
• 22nd Commonwealth Games, Birmingham, England, July-August 2022.
• 19th Asian Games, Hangzhou, China, September 2022.
• 6th Asian Beach Games, Sanya, China, 2022 (dates to be decided).
The Sri Lanka NOC has asked applicants to send in their CV plus a recommendation letter from the individual’s national federation/organisation.
Among the other requirements are a distinguished track record at the NOC and having contributed to the Olympic Movement; have completed a Sports Administration Course conducted by the NOC; good track record in a national federation; and an outgoing personality with good communications skills especially in English.
Applicants for the post of Chef de Mission for the 19th Asian Games must also have served before as a Chef de Mission or Deputy Chef de Mission at a major Games.
The application deadline is June 16, 2021.