Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, October 15, 2020: The Olympic Council of Malaysia Executive Board held its 22nd meeting for the term 2018-2021 on Tuesday, October 13 at the Training Hall, Level 2C, OCM Indoor Sports Complex. The meeting was chaired by the OCM President, Tan Sri Mohamad Norza Zakaria.
The meeting was attended by members of the OCM Executive Board as well as representatives from the Ministry of Youth and Sports, National Sports Institute, Ministry of Education and the Athletes’ Commission.
The OCM Executive Board members deliberated on the following matters:
1. Selection Criteria for the 31st SEA Games in Vietnam in 2021
• Members reviewed proposed changes to the selection criteria for the 31st SEA Games 2021 taking into consideration the strategy of sending young athletes to the Games.
• The Executive Board decided to seek further feedback from the OCM Selection Committee who will be meeting post-CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order).
2. OCM Constitution Review
• Members received an update on the status of review of the OCM Constitution. Having met five times thus far, the Constitution Review Committee has agreed on the main principal changes and is currently reviewing the language of the proposed new Constitution.
3.COVID-19 Financial Assistance
• The Executive Board has taken note of the recent CMCO decision announced by the Honorable Senior Minister, YB Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob. The OCM urges all National Sports Associations, athletes and officials to adhere by the directives and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) announced.
• In view of the current Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of cases, the OCM is studying ways to further assist our members, athletes and Wisma OCM tenants. This includes the possibility of financial assistance which will be discussed by the OCM Trust Management Committee and potential restructure of rental for our tenants.