Kuwait City, Kuwait, August 12, 2020: The President of the Olympic Council of Asia, HE Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah, has announced the composition of the OCA Evaluation Committee to visit the two cities bidding to host the 2030 Asian Games: Doha, Qatar and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Sheikh Ahmad said: “I am extremely satisfied with the composition of the OCA Evaluation Committee for this very important task. “We have many sports leaders throughout Asia with a lot of experience from the Asian Games and Olympic Games and I am sure the members of this OCA Evaluation Committee will cover every aspect of planning, preparation, management and operations of the Asian Games.
“The Asian Games has grown into the biggest multi-sport event in the world and we are proud of this success.” At the most recent Asian Games, in Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia in 2018, 11,300 athletes from 45 National Olympic Committees took part in 465 events of 40 sports.
The Committee consist of :
1. Mr. Wei Jizhong – Chairman
2. Mr. Ryu Seung Min – Chair OCA Entourage Committee
3. Ms. Mikaela Cojuangco – Member Athletes Committee
4. Mr. Jean Hammam – President NOC of Lebanon
5. Prof. Mohd. Yunus Popalzay – SG NOC of Afghanistan
6. Mr. Azat Muradov – SG NOC of Turkmenistan
7. Mr. Battushig Batbold – First Vice President NOC Mongolia
8. Mr. Husain Al Musallam – Director General OCA
9. Two representatives from the OCA Headquarters – Kuwait
The OCA has requested the two cities to submit their bid files by Sunday the 4th of October 2020.
The 19th Asian Games will be held in Hangzhou, China, from September 10-25, 2022 and the 20th Asian Games will take place in Aichi-Nagoya, Japan, from September 19 to October 4, 2026.